This is an old revision of the document!
Roadmap to Parole 0.6
Use GtkOverlay for (fullscreen-)play-controls?
- Draw the GtkOverlay player controls with cairo
- Fix GtkOverlay staying atop the gst-video-overlay in Gtk3.6
- Add padding around the playbuttons (they're currently cut off at the bottom)
Add fade-out when hiding> Impossible because transparency doesn't work Make the GtkOverlay semi-transparent and rounded> Impossible because transparency doesn't work
Replace checkboxes with GtkSwitches in the Preferences
- Consider using GtkActions for a lot of functionality: http://whyareyoureadingthisurl.wordpress.com/2011/07/17/gtkaction-howto-and-why/
- Current bugs
- Closing the Preferences dialog spews a lot of warnings
- Using the Save Playlist dialog works, but also shows lots and lots of warnings.
- Popup menus (playlist menu) show up a great distance from their widget.
- Play/Pause icons in playlist aren't properly symbolic
- Doesn't seem to be possible, swapped back to non-symbolic in playlist
- Switching to fullscreen-mode via the “f” key sometimes fails (shows video in windowed size, rest of the screen is blacked out) > trying to make it reproducible
- Not happening anymore..? Playing a DVD with gst1.0 errors out with “GStreamer backend error: The stream is in the wrong format.”
- Speed up subtitle-loading by/and jump/ing back 3sec after setting subtitles
- Should we move the plugins to a section in the Preferences dialog (as previously suggested by Simon)?
- Improve menubar
- Per http://paste.ubuntu.com/6019850/, we have restructured the menubar as below.
- The application's 'File' menu, contains the following items: Open, Open (Network) Location, Recent Menu, Save Playlist, CD/DVD, Quit
- Previously the 'Edit' menu, contains the following items: Repeat, Shuffle, Show/Hide Playlist
- Should we also add additional playlist controls here (with customizable keyboard accelerators) (as suggested by Simon)?
- This menu appears when a disc is being played. It was originally in the playlist widget.
- The same old 'Audio' menu, contains the following items: Audio Track (previously Languages), Volume Up/Down/Mute
- A refocused 'View' menu, now containing the following items: Fullscreen, Aspect Ratio, Subtitles
- A new 'Tools' menu, currently contains: Plugins, Preferences
- We can extend the plugin API to allow adding menu items to this menu.
- Your usual 'Help' menu, without the Help… we need documentation! Current items: Report a bug (NEW!), About
- Add total playtime to playlist
- Seems hard/impossible for video-files, do-able for audio-files
- Get on with it