This is an old revision of the document!
Roadmap to Parole 0.6
1. DONE - Backport fixes to parole-0.5.x - DONE 2. DONE - Release parole 0.5.3 - DONE 3. DONE - Push current parole-master to 0.5.x branch - DONE 4. DONE - merge bluesabre/gtk3 - DONE 5. DONE - wait a week for translations - DONE 6. DONE - release parole 0.5.90 (or whatever we will call it) - DONE 7. DONE - organize testing (create parole-gst0.10 and parole-gst1.0 packages in the PPA) 8. DONE - Release 0.6
Validate Plugin API Make sure everything still works
- Possibly fixed, need confirmation:
Add “Contents” link in Parole's help menu and bind it to F1 (0.6 only)
- For a version after 0.6…
- Add option to “Always hide menubar” to the Preferences-dialog (not sure which tab, maybe the first one)
- If that option is ticked, we could show an open-file entry in the right-click menu
- API Updates
- Extend API to give plugins easy access to Tools menu
- Extend API to make it easier for plugins to save xfconf settings in parole/plugins/plugin-name
- Plugins Manager
- Consider moving the plugins to a tab in the Preferences dialog
- Speed up loading by seeking forward/backward after subtitle selection changed
- Make the buffering configurable
- Improve network-performance (mplayer and vlc seem much more efficient via e.g. ssh)
- New plugins
- Subtitle-fetching plugin?
- MPRIS2 support (for indicator-sound and Gnome Shell media player extension)
- YouTube plugin?
- Rethink the gstreamer-plugins-installer (packagekit)
Include default theming for GtkOverlay in case themes don't support the osd class
- doesn't seem possible, cause either the cssprovider overrides the theme or the theme overrides the fallback, because there doesn't seem to be a sane way to check whether the osd-class gets specially themed