This is an old revision of the document!
Target: Xfce 4.12, Implementation: 100%
- Support extended desktop mode for multiple monitors
- Improve minimal dialog
Status: Wait for testing/bugreports for 4.11.0.
Target: , Implementation: 0%
- Replace treeview with iconview
- Support xfce4-notifyd's themes for the identity-popups
- Support setting the primary monitor (Related bug: 9338)
- Create “display profiles” (save setups based on EDID)
Changelog Version 4.11.0
- Implement support for extended desktop mode
- Improve minimal dialog
- Use new big icons to make minimal dialog easier to understand
- Implement display identification popups
- Improve applying new settings (now works with Nvidia's proprietary driver as well)
- Fix small naming inconsistencies
The minimal dialog can be called when a new display is plugged in (given that the laptop send the appropriate signal). It should provide users quick access to four of the most-used modes:
- Only Display 1
- Extend desktop to the right
- Mirror displays
- Only Display 2
The “Advanced” button opens the normal display-dialog.
Display Settings Dialog
The main thing that changed here are the comboboxes to change the monitor position and the mirror-checkbox. (Note: the mirror-mode in the position-combobox only sets the currently selected display to mirror _one_ other display. This is mostly relevant in 2+ displays setups.) The comboboxes give the user a way of positioning always 2 displays relative to each other. In total, users can still position as many displays as they have. Four positions are available: left-of, above, right-of, below.
For users to more easily know what display they're currently modifying, we decided to implement “identity-popups”. These show the name of the display (same as in the treeview) and the resolution. These popups are currently shown at the bottom of the respective display.
Fix xfconf channel binding warning Code review Add code for “identifying popups” Fix wrong position and values after a display has been disabled Re-color the currently selected display
Check why xrandr works better with Nvidia proprietary than our code Fix rotation code with extended desktop mode Change rotation-combo-entry-name from “normal” to “none”
- Add the 10sec-reset-timeout dialog just to be sure
Debug/fix segfault after setting Mirror, then Extend Right 4 options: Only Primary, Mirror, Extend Right, Only Secondary draw icons implement in code
Hook up Advanced button Consider dropping “presentation mode”
Fix 3 commit authors (merge locally, then rebase interactive on origin/master and set a new committer)
- Celebrate the release!