Xfce Release How To
This how to is under development but it might help. Feel free to contribute.
Considerations before releasing
- Are the translations up to date, are the translator aware of you going to release.
- All patches are applied and all known critical bugs fixed.
- Do you have the feeling: “Yes, this code ready to be released upon the world, everyone should be able to enjoy it” ;)
Files to update before release
- Release information:
- Common information:
- Edit the configure script template
- Set the package version (
<package>_version_micro) to the version you want to release.
- Check the build dependencies.
Check release package
- Check auto generated files:
- If at this stage everything works, run
git commit -m 'Updates for release'
- Now you are ready to tag the current master:
git tag -a <package>-<version> # e.g. xfce4-power-manager-1.3.2 git push && git push --tags
You can sign tags with a GPG key by adding an additional parameter to the
git tagcommand. For more information about tagging read the
- Now you can release the package using the xfce release manager. Folow the instructions on that site.
- Commit (
git commit -m “Back to development”) and push.
- Add the version to the bugzilla component.