Thunar 1.8 Roadmap (Xfce 4.14)
Branch (master): https://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar
- Components ported to GTK+ 3 (100%)
- Replace dbus-glib with GDbus (100%)
- Drop GtkAction from thunarx
- Fix deprecations (40%, summary)
- Thunar 1.6.x (the last gtk2 version) should be maintained in the
- Thunar 1.7.0 should be released as a development release
- Track pending issues on bugzilla with the following target milestones:
- 1.6.13: Existing bugs, no new features.
- Fixes should be applied to
- 1.7.0: Port related bugs and regressions, no new features.
- 1.8.0: New features.
- Once things are stable enough, Thunar 1.8.0 will be released
- Context menu misplaced (Original discussion)
- Check interop of instances running with –daemon and –gapplication-service (Original Discussion)
- Scrollbars shouldn't start faded (Original Discussion)
- Unable to run as root (Bug 13884)
- Optional: when Thunar fails to start because a gtk2 instance is running, display a dialog: “Failed to start: an incompatible version of Thunar is already running” (Original Discussion),
After this commit, the pathbar right slider is hidden when a long path is reached and its right border is not visible. Whenever a folder is open, the pathbar expands and shrinks quickly. Only happens while using Arc, theme issue. When using Adwaita or Greybird, there's ugly 1px spacing between buttons Pathbar is not visible when Thunar window is small (Original Discussion) Proper investigation of the delay on logout (Bug 13726) With xfconf 4.13, when resizing Detailed List columns, lots of warnings are printed and eventually Thunar crashes. (Xfconf bug)
Port to Gtask
Independent from Gtk3. See also http://git.xfce.org/users/nick/thunar/log/?h=1.8