This is an old revision of the document!
Xfdesktop Roadmap (Xfce 4.10)
Cleanup menu implementation
The code still contains pieces of the menu plugin, while this code is since 4.8 integrated in the source. To cleanup this properly the following tasks should be performed:
- GObjectify the application menu and window list (GtkMenu parent type).
- Make menus watch their own Xfconf properties.
- Return NULL if no children are found (drop gtk_container_get_children in popup).
- Drop the *_init/attach/cleanup function.
- Drop the populate-root-menu and populate-secondary-root-menu signals.
- Rename files to everything starts with xfce-desktop.