This is an old revision of the document!
Garcon Roadmap (Xfce 4.14)
Port to Gtk3
old branch: http://git.xfce.org/users/eric/garcon/log/?h=gtk3 Now in git master and released in garcon 0.5.0
As the branch currently stands, it builds both Gtk2 and Gtk3 (both are required). Both branches get built with the same code-base there's only minor changes (GtkBox vs GtkHBox) so it should be a simple transition. To do that, both Gtk2 and Gtk3 don't use the GtkImageMenuItem anymore.
Screenshot of Garcon-Gtk2 now: app menu from panel
landry: branch builds fine as of 20160417 with gtk 3.18.
Additonal Garcon fixes/enhancements
- Change the tests/test-display-menu to have a -gtk2 && -gtk3 version using the garcon-gtk library. This way everything can be tested.
- Merged in some of the fixes in bugzilla
- Add support for desktop file actions and added them to garcon-gtk.
- Fix menu item label alignment in gtk3.
- Ensure there are no warnings with Gtk3.20
- Additional testing may be needed.