This is an old revision of the document!
Xfdesktop porting plan
Feel free to send pull requests to help with porting. Currently the focus is on making changes to xfdesktop that can be tested with the Gtk2 version to verify things work before making the drastic jump to Gtk3. Same way xfce4-session was ported.
- Completed 100%
- Completed: 50%? It will require a patch like: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12618
Port xfdesktop/src with --disable-desktop-icons
- Done, with bugs. The initial desktop render doesn't happen and I don't have a multi-monitor/multi-screen setup so I can't test those at the moment.
- Completed: 90%
Port the rest of xfdesktop/src
- The iconview is a custom widget, replace it with a GtkGrid packng the icon and a GtkLabel? Or use cell renderers?
- Completed: 0%
- Switch to GDBus and drop libdbus dependency - Done
- Remove the old fallback code for supporting old Gtk/Glib versions
- Use Garcon-gtk for the right-click menu and drop our own custom version - Done
- Completed: 66%