This is an old revision of the document!
Xfdesktop porting plan
Feel free to send pull requests to help with porting.
- Completed 100%
- Completed: 50%? It will require a patch like: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12618
Port xfdesktop/src with --disable-desktop-icons
- Done, with bugs. The initial desktop render doesn't happen and I don't have a multi-monitor/multi-screen setup so I can't test those at the moment.
- Completed: 90%
Port the rest of xfdesktop/src
- The iconview is a custom widget, replace it with a GtkGrid packng the icon and a GtkLabel? Or use cell renderers?
- Completed: 0%
- Switch to GDBus and drop libdbus dependency - Done
- Remove the old fallback code for supporting old Gtk/Glib versions - Removing them as I run into them.
- Use Garcon-gtk for the right-click menu and drop our own custom version - Done
- Completed: 100%