Looking for a place to start?
This page contains links to tasks that are considered relatively easy. Please note that we might forget to keep it up to date, so if all the listed tasks are fixed, ping us on the #xfce-dev IRC channel (on Freenode) and we'll add a few more.
The code sits on http://git.xfce.org/
You can also fork from https://github.com/xfce-mirror
The proper way to make a patch is to use git format-patch (see this excellent and short tutorial)
We're here to help! Talk to us on IRC #xfce-dev.
List of easy to fix bugs generated from bugzilla
- [Bug 11593] Missing trailing ";" in mimelist of desktop-file (2015/02/24 19:44)
- [Bug 11592] libsqueeze allways gets installed to /usr/lib (2015/02/24 19:44)
- [Bug 11591] Building fails due to missing m4 directory (2015/02/24 20:30)
- [Bug 11586] Places above devices in shortcuts in side pane (2015/02/26 23:42)
- [Bug 11674] Keyboard shortcuts for new tiling options omitted. (2015/03/10 23:23)
- [Bug 2946] Location buttons: copy path and open terminal here (2015/05/04 22:15)
Other easy tasks
Code a new design for the Screenshooter imgur windows
Requires: C, GTK+
Difficulty: * *
We now have imgur support in our Screenshooter, and would like to add a few options to the existing GUI to make the tool really convenient for developers and not too cluttered at the same time. This task mostly involves basic GTK+ programming, and a few calls to other existing programs. The code base does not require a deep knowledge of Xfce's inner workings.