This page centralizes information about the organization of the Xfce Directory website. Edit the page at any time to correct “bad designs” or to add new ideas or $whatever.
Two possibilities of deployments:
- A website directory.xfce.org
- Adapt a CMS
- Write plugins
- A namespace inside the wiki e.g. http://wiki.xfce.org/directory/…
- To manage a team we can set up write access to the directory namespace
- Write plugins
What is it about?
The Xfce Directory provides a simple interface to download quality content and minimize hours of search for a nice desktop. Unlike xfce-look.org, it will accept content after selection/decision by the team.
…/branches/xfce-themes = a selection of themes (svn external…)
…/tags/xfce_4_2_3 = follows the xfce release cycle
Each content is tagged, this gives us full possibility on content presentation.
- By category: xfwm4, gtk, xfce-selection, …
- By color: dark, blue, …
- Special: $meta-package, by-$member, user-contributed (anonymous), …
Several selections (e.g. meta packages) of bundled themes. Idea: add configuration files for the panel, desktop, etc. as to provide different default desktops!
- Xfce Selection
- Recent Additions
- Select by tags
- How to
- Propose content
- A little about message (whereami).
- Display a snap' of the content:
- 5-10 Recent Additions
- 5-10 Xfce Selection
- Links to Directories
- Links to Packages
A page for a single content. Useful for permanent link (paste on IRC, …).
A view ala Thunar icon view of all the files from a specific tag/category.
Select by tags form
The Debian packages cloud web interface is lovely.
List of tarballs.
A list of internal and external tutorials.
This page is a form for anonymous users to propose content.
The team members follow the next workflow:
- Accept the content
- Commit to SVN
- Upload a static tarball
- Send an email to the author
- Reject the content with the most polite answer
|Name||by default anonymous (save name in cookie)|
|File||select the tarball (must contain a README/AUTHOR/… file so we can contact upstream)|
|Tags||select a bunch of existing tags|