Thunar 1.10 Roadmap (Xfce 4.16)
- Extend Thunarx API to be able to use emblems in thunar-plugins
- Potential user: rabbit-vcs. Looks like for Nautilus that is already possible.
- Easy to hide menu bar, tricky to get it back (Issue 174)
- Store view settings per directory (Issue 8)
- Security problem with *.desktop files (Issue 156)
- See as well (issue 56)
- Risk to delete stuff in tree-view on accident (Issue 195)
- Because tree view folders and files on the right both are highlighted, it is not clear which one is focused
- Display better error-dialog on bulk renamer (Issue 202)
- Provide a collection of preinstalled custom actions, which can be enabled (Issue 245)
- Symbolic icons for sidebar (Issue 252)
- Replace systray file-operation progress item with statusnotifier
- [ASSIGNED] Merge all context menus into one (Issue 198)
- Use thunar-menu for tree-view and shortcuts-view
On multi-file select, only the last one is opened (Bug 2487) Notification loop between xfsettings and thunar (Bug 15305) Ghost files remain after moving files on a sftp remote (Bug 15704) Quit confirmation message when multiple tabs are open (Bug 15758) Custom action keyboard shortcut doesn't use the current, selected, path and file (Bug 15119) Revert gtk2 / gtk3 compatibility fixes Needed only when thunar gtk3 is started while a thunar gtk2 daemon is running.
Prepare for Gtk4: Replace GtkAction/GtkActionEntry/GtkUiManager (Bug 16654)
- Use xfce4-notifyd instead of LIBNOTIFY
- Reason: a more generic dependency is preferable thunar users running in other DEs than Xfce. Also, what are the benefits anyway?