Thunar 1.10 Roadmap (Xfce 4.16)
- Extend Thunarx API to be able to use emblems in thunar-plugins
- Potential user: rabbit-vcs. Looks like for Nautilus that is already possible.
- Easy to hide menu bar, tricky to get it back (Bug 13868)
- Store view settings per directory (Bug 3521)
- Security problem with *.desktop files (Bug 13329)
- See as well (Bug 10274)
- Risk to delete stuff in tree-view on accident (Bug 14369)
- Because tree view folders and files on the right both are highlighted, it is not clear which one is focused
- Display better error-dialog on bulk renamer (Bug 14458)
- Provide a collection of preinstalled custom actions, which can be enabled (Bug 15454)
- Symbolic icons for sidebar
- Replace systray file-operation progress item with statusnotifier
- Prepare for Gtk4: Replace GtkAction/GtkUiManager with GAction/GtkBuilder/GMenu.
- Merge all context menus into one (Bug 14410)
- Currently we have a lot of duplicated code regarding context menus, wrapped into GTK_IGNORE_DEPRECATED.
- We should first unify the code, and possibly in a second step remove all deprecations
- Replace deprecated G_FILE_MONITOR_EVENT_MOVED in ThunarFile and ThunarFolder (More details)
- Use xfce4-notifyd instead of LIBNOTIFY
- Notification loop between xfsettings and thunar (Bug 15305)
- Custom action keyboard shortcut doesn't use the current, selected, path and file (Bug 15119)
- On multi-file select, only the last one is opened (Bug 2487)
- Slow multi-file selection (Bug 14026)
- Possibly related & needs fix: Edit –> Select all, than select a single file –> long delay + CPU load, only on detailed view)