Разработка ядра XFCE и порядок выпуска
In the past the same questions and discussions have come up over and over again whenever a new release was in sight, like:
- What are the core components of Xfce?
- How often do we want to release and in what fashion (time-based, feature-based)?
- Who's in charge of the release process?
- What dependency versions do we depend on?
- When are feature-freeze, string-freeze, code-freeze and thelike?
- How many pre-releases should we do and how do we call them?
- What do we use as a replacement for SVN revision versioning with Git?
This document intends to answer these questions and aims at defining a policy that we can refer to when planning releases.