XFC need more attention, beside normal debugging, and the following things are planed for XFC at the moment.
- 4.8 update
- The panel is more C++ friendly in this version
- Easy to use Cairo widget
- The Drawable widget has got a “get_cairo_context”, see example/ui/cairo.cc.
- Xfce Thunar extension
When we start using Gtk+3 in version Xfce 4.8.12, the plans for XFC (4.8) will change to :
- gobject-introspection for auto generation
- we hopefully end up have more than 90% of the code auto generated
- this will keep XFC in sync more or less automaticly
- all essencial Xfce libs will hopefully ends up having related gi data
- C++11 wrapping
- function template (generic function binding, and real lambda support)
- ends up using only one way to attach signals
- std promise signals (no more libsigc++)
- extern templates (to keep footprint down)
- gthread / std thread bindings
- initialicers for list support
- rvalue support
I hope that the support for introspection, may free up time for the more central elements.
Also note that XFC 4.6 and XFC 4.8 (Gtk+3) will not be compatible.