Dies ist eine alte Version des Dokuments!
This page centralizes information about the organization of the Xfce Directory website. Edit the page at any time to correct “bad designs” or to add new ideas or $whatever.
Two possibilities of deployments:
- A website directory.xfce.org
- Adapt a CMS
- Write plugins
- A namespace inside the wiki e.g. http://wiki.xfce.org/directory/…
- To manage a team we can set up write access to the directory namespace
- Write plugins
What is it about?
The Xfce Directory provides a simple interface to download quality content and minimize hours of search for a nice desktop. Unlike xfce-look.org, it will accept content after selection/decision by the team.
…/branches/xfce-themes = a selection of themes (svn external…)
…/tags/xfce_4_2_3 = follows the xfce release cycle
Each content is tagged, this gives us full possibility on content presentation.
- By category: xfwm4, gtk, xfce-selection, …
- By color: dark, blue, …
- Special: $meta-package, by-$member, user-contributed (anonymous), …
Several selections (e.g. meta packages) of bundled themes. Idea: add configuration files for the panel, desktop, etc. as to provide different default desktops!
- Xfce Selection
- Recent Additions
- Select by tags
- How to
- Propose content
- A little about message (whereami).
- Display a snap' of the content:
- 5-10 Recent Additions
- 5-10 Xfce Selection
- Links to Directories
- Links to Packages
A page for a single content. Useful for permanent link (paste on IRC, …).
A view ala Thunar icon view of all the files from a specific tag/category.
Select by tags form
The Debian packages cloud web interface is lovely.
List of tarballs.
A list of internal and external tutorials.
This page is a form for anonymous users to propose content.
The team members follow the next workflow:
- Accept the content
- Commit to SVN
- Upload a static tarball
- Send an email to the author
- Reject the content with the most polite answer
|Name||by default anonymous (save name in cookie)|
|File||select the tarball (must contain a README/AUTHOR/… file so we can contact upstream)|
|Tags||select a bunch of existing tags|